There is a game on Facebook: you’ve got a number from a friend and you should write that number of strange facts about yourself. I’ve got 10 from Sven, and I thought I’ll write the answer here, because I did not write many personal things in the last months. So here are my dirty little secrets.
1. When I was 5 I had an imaginary brother
2. I always mix which is my left and right hand. Probably because originally I was left-handed, but I was trained by grandma to use my right more, so I became a bit confused. It’s not a big problem but sometimes causes strange situations, especially when I try to teach someone to throw a disc or to handle a leash or something like that. So normally I use instructions like “on THIS side”, or “please put it to your OTHER hand”.
3. As a teacher I should say in the school to the kids that it’s not nice to play or chat on their phones during the class. But if I’m getting angry or impatient during a meeting I used to play Angry Birds on my phone.
I’m one of those who is for shelter mutts. I have three dogs at the moment, one is from a breeder, one is from a dog shelter and one is directly from the street. I don’t believe that the difference between a pure-bred beauty champion and a shelter dog is as big as the difference in price. But before everyone runs to the next shelter to adopt a dog it’s worth to think a bit. There are huge differences between dog shelters – especially here in Hungary. There are places which are full of traumatized dogs, dogs infected with giardia or parvo or other diseases, or just dogs that are not ideal pets for anyone. So there are a couple of things that you should consider before you make life too difficult for yourself.
Are you sure that you want a puppy?
As time passes I try to be more and more kind to myself on my birthdays to survive it without the ‘ohmygodicannotbesoold’ panic. This year I’ve spent the day with my mother, and we went to shop which is a well-known therapy for any kind of problems. I found a beautiful dress and decided to try how does it look like on me. Then the surpise came in the fitting room: the size was perfect – except my shoulders. Yes, my shoulders are bigger by one size… Thank you disc dogging, I saved a lot of money and probably it was not the last time.
’1. Whereby one becomes a judge?
2. Can you be judge without experience in dogfrisbee?
3. If a judge knows a rule (AWI, UFO, Skyhoundz …), it can also be any other rule set?
4. How much experience does a judge for a local or a qualifier?
5. Who has the responsibility for the classification of judges?
6. How to secure young talent for the future?’
A couple of weeks ago one of my discdogger friends posted these questions in a FB group. These are real evergreens, and I’m sure that everyone has his own answers. I thought I share mine.
1. I really hope that anyone can be a judge who is involved in the sport and is ready to learn new things. If it’s really important to him he will put a lot of energy in it, he will appear in different events, visit clinics of more experienced judges, build contacts and do his best at competitions. If he doesn’t work in this permanently, no one will invite him to judge. To be a judge for disc dogging is not a profession, just a hobby, so if someone is never invited, he is not a judge As simple as that.
I don’t know how does it works for others, but this month of the year is always the worst for me. I try to be prepared every year and hope that this time it will be different, but it seems that I can not fight destiny. For most of the discdoggers September is the best part of the year because of the World Championships. Well, I was there two times, and it was great, I loved every moments of it, but first we lost a dog in the city and were looking for it for ten hours, next year I missed the plane and spent a day in Amsterdam, and I could mention other lost and missed things there …